The Texas Water Development Board’s (TWDB) Water Loss Audit and Leak Detection Workshops are available to retail public water suppliers across Texas. The workshops provide water suppliers the opportunity to learn about:
- how water loss audits can help them implement effective water loss control programs,
- how to use the TWDB’s online data collection system to submit audits, and
- how to successfully account for water use and loss.
Also included in the workshop is a hands-on session working on a water loss audit and an introduction to the TWDB’s leak detection equipment loan program.
The workshops are approved for 4 hours of continuing education credits for licensed water operators through the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
Note: Workshop attendance also satisfies the legislative requirement under HB1573 requiring water loss auditor training prior to submittal of a water loss audit to the TWDB.
- Feb. 15, Katy, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (West Houston area)
- Feb. 26, Abilene, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Feb. 27, Big Spring, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- March 8, Corpus Christi, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- March 19, Wylie, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- March 20, Fort Worth, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- March 21, Lewisville, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- TBD – Nacogdoches/Lufkin area
- TBD – Waco
- TBD – Mount Pleasant/Sulphur Springs area
- TBD – Amarillo
For additional information and to view upcoming workshops, please visit the TWDB’s Water Loss Audit Resources webpage or contact Daniel Rice at 512-463-0987.