- This event has passed.
May Board Meeting
May 12 @ 1:30 pm
NOTICE OF THE MEETING OF THE CLEARWATER UNDERGROUND WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT TO BE HELD IN PERSON and BY TELECONFERENCE AND VIDEOCONFERENCE
May 12, 2021
In accordance with Governor Abbott’s declaration of the COVID-19 public health threat, action to temporarily suspend certain provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act, and Executive Order, a quorum of CUWCD’s Board of Directors will hold its regular Board meeting in person and by telephonic conference call and, for redundancy, videoconference. The public may access this meeting and make public comment in person and by phone, pc, tablet and/or notebook using the contact information and instructions on pages 2 of this notice.
Notice is hereby given that the above-named Board will hold a Workshop and Board meeting on Wednesday, May 12, 2021 beginning at 1:30 p.m., in the Clearwater UWCD Board Room located at 700 Kennedy Court, Belton, Texas. The following items of business will be discussed1.
- Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
- Public comment2.
- Approve minutes of April 14, 2021 Board meeting.
- Hold public hearing on the following well applications:
- Discuss, consider, and take appropriate action if necessary, on the proposed operating permit of 2 ac-ft/yr, for Victory Rock LLC authorizing operating production from an existing (well# N2-20-007G) completed in the Middle Trinity Aquifer at 18.6-gpm for particulate suppression at a mining and crushing aggregate operation located on a 283-acre site at 7170 Solana Ranch Rd West, Jarrell Texas 76537-5008,
- Discuss, consider, and take appropriate action if necessary, for a proposed combination drilling and operating permit of 30 ac-ft/yr, for Victory Rock LLC authorizing operating production from a new well (# N2-21-002P) completed in the Lower Trinity Aquifer at 20-gpm for particulate suppression, mining and crushing aggregate operation located on a 283-acre site at 7170 Solana Ranch Rd West, Jarrell Texas 76537-5008,
- Discuss, consider, and take appropriate action if necessary, for a proposed combination drilling and operating permit of .87 ac-ft/yr, for Kelly Carter authorizing production from a new well (N1-21-001P) completed in the Alluvial Aquifer at 5-gpm for domestic use on a 4.01-acre site at 15526 Hawk Lane, Holland TX 76534.
- Discuss, consider, and take appropriate action if necessary, to accept the monthly financial report for April 2021 (FY21) as presented.
- Discuss, consider, and take appropriate action if necessary, to accept the monthly investment fund account report for April 2021 (FY21).
- Discuss, consider, and take appropriate action if necessary, to accept the application for summer internship program candidate Carson Barr.
- Discuss, consider, and take appropriate action if necessary, to approve the Required DFC Summary report for GMA8 by resolution.
- Discuss, consider, and take appropriate action if necessary, to begin the RFQ process for selecting Professional Auditing Services.
- Discuss, consider, and take appropriate action if necessary, to approve the enhanced Edwards BFZ Water Quality Monitoring efforts in the Prairie Dell Area of Bell County.
- Discuss, consider, and take appropriate action to change the date of the June Board meeting to June 16, 2021 at 1:30 pm.
- Discuss, consider, and take appropriate action if necessary, to approve the FY21 line-item budget amendments as requested.
- Discuss, consider, and take appropriate action necessary to set Board meeting calendar dates for June, July, and August 2021, related to FY22 budget development process.
- General Manager’s report concerning office management and staffing related to District Management Plan3.
- Receive monthly staff report and possible consideration and Board action on the following3: a) Drought Status reports, b) Education Outreach update, c) Monitoring Well reports, d) Rainfall report, e) Well Registration update, f) Aquifer Status and Non-exempt Monthly Well Production reports
- Director comments and reports3.
- Discuss agenda items for next meeting.
- Set time and place for next meeting.
- Receive information related to Groundwater Management Area 8, per the Joint Planning and Development of the Round 3 Desired Future Conditions.
- Receive Legislative Update on 87th Legislative Session.
- Discuss and review the NRCS TX Conservation Grant for FY21.
Dated the 7th day of May 2021
Leland Gersbach, Board President
By: Board Meeting Agenda
Dirk Aaron, Asst. Secretary
Agenda items may be considered, deliberated and/or acted upon in a different order than set forth above.
The Clearwater Underground Water Conservation District is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal opportunity for effective communications will be provided upon request. Please contact the District office at 254-933-0120 at least 24 hours in advance if accommodation is needed.
1During the meeting, the Board reserves the right to go into executive session for any of the purposes authorized under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, for any item on the above agenda or as otherwise authorized by law.
2Citizens who desire to address the Board on any matter may sign up to do so prior to this meeting. Public comments will be received during this portion of the meeting. Please limit comments to 3 minutes. No discussion or final action will be taken by the Board except as authorized by section 551.042 of the Government Code.
3No formal action will be taken by the Board on these agenda items. These items are on the agenda to provide the District’s staff, Public Task Force Committees, and Directors with an opportunity to bring to the public’s and each other’s attention important activities and issues pertinent to the management of groundwater within the District, including, but not limited to, current events in the District involving groundwater, wells, or District permittees, state or regional developments related to water management, and activities of the staff, Public Advisory Committee, and Directors. Substantive deliberation and formal action on any of these issues will be conducted pursuant to a specific item on a future agenda.
GUIDELINES FOR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IN CLEARWATER UNDERGROUND
WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT BOARD MEETING, WORKSHOP AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
Clearwater UWCD, in order to maintain governmental transparency and continued government operation while reducing face-to-face contact for government open meetings, is implementing measures according to guidelines set forth by the Office of the Texas Governor, Greg Abbott. In accordance with section 418.016 of the Texas Government Code, Governor Abbott has suspended various open-meetings provisions that require government officials and members of the public to be physically present at a specified meeting location. CUWCD’s adherence to the Governor’s guidance temporary suspension procedure ensures public accessibility and opportunity to participate in CUWCD’s open meeting, workshop, and hearings.
Members of the public wishing to make public comment during the meeting must register by emailing email@example.com prior to 11:30 a.m. on May 12, 2021. This meeting will be recorded, and the audio recording will be available by contacting the CUWCD’s staff after the meeting. A copy of the agenda and packet will be available on the CUWCD’s website at the time of the meeting.
Public Comment forms can be accessed at:
You may join CUWCD’s Board Workshop, Permit Hearing and Regular Board Agenda as follows:
- Wed, May 12, 2021 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM (CDT)
- Join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- You can also dial in using your phone.
United States (Toll Free): 1 877 309 2073 Access Code: 617-052-749
- New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/617052749