- This event has passed.
April Board Meeting
April 14 @ 1:30 pm
NOTICE OF THE MEETING OF THE CLEARWATER UNDERGROUND WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
TO BE HELD IN PERSON and BY TELECONFERENCE AND VIDEOCONFERENCE
April 14, 2021
In accordance with Governor Abbott’s declaration of the COVID-19 public health threat, action to temporarily suspend certain provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act, and Executive Order, a quorum of CUWCD’s Board of Directors will hold its regular Board meeting in person and by telephonic conference call and, for redundancy, videoconference. The public may access this meeting and make public comment in person and by phone, pc, tablet and/or notebook using the contact information and instructions on pages 2 of this notice.
Notice is hereby given that the above-named Board will hold a Workshop and Board meeting on Wednesday, April 14, 2021 beginning at 1:30 p.m., in the Clearwater UWCD Board Room located at 700 Kennedy Court, Belton, Texas. The following items of business will be discussed1.
- Receive information related to Groundwater Management Area 8, per the Joint Planning and Development of the Round 3 Desired Future Conditions.
- Receive Legislative Update on 87th Legislative Session from Ty Embrey, Lloyd Gosselink Rochelle & Townsend.
- Receive update on the status of the BCAMC and efforts with USFWS SSA related to the Edwards BFZ Aquifer.
- Receive information from District’s Legal Council related to permitting criteria per Chapter 36 and District Rules.
- Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
- Public comment2.
- Approve minutes of the March 10, 2021 Board meeting.
- Discuss, consider and take appropriate action if necessary, to accept the monthly financial report for March 2021 (FY21) as presented.
- Discuss, consider and take appropriate action if necessary, to accept the monthly investment fund account report for March 2021 (FY21).
- Discuss, consider and take appropriate action if necessary, to accept the quarterly deferred compensation employee retirement program account report as presented.
- Discuss, consider, and take appropriate action if necessary, to accept the 2020 CUWCD Annual Report as presented.
- Discuss, consider, and take appropriate action if necessary, to accept the FY20 financial audit as presented by the District’s contracted auditing firm.
- Discuss, consider, and take appropriate action if necessary, to approve professional services including but not limited to District Joint Planning in Groundwater Management Area 8 technical evaluation, GAM runs and CUWCD Modified GAM updates.
- Discuss, consider and take appropriate action if necessary, to approve funding the 2021 USFWS-TXF&W Conservation Office Annual (Pete Diaz) Salado Springs & Salamander Monitoring Program under the Reimbursable Task Order.
- Discuss, consider and take appropriate action if necessary, to approve the FY21 line-item budget amendments as requested.
- Discuss, consider and take appropriate action if necessary, to approve an exception to setback requirements for the purpose of a replacement well per District Rule 9.5.5(a)(e) for Bruce Whitis, 7899 FM 2843, Salado TX.
- General Manager’s report concerning office management and staffing related to District Management Plan3.
- Receive monthly staff report and possible consideration and Board action on the following3: a) Drought Status reports b) Education Outreach update c) Monitoring Well reports d) Rainfall report e) Well Registration update f) Aquifer Status and Non-exempt Monthly Well Production reports
- Director comments and reports3.
- Discuss agenda items for next meeting.
- Set time and place for next meeting.
Dated the 9th day of April, 2021
Leland Gersbach, Board President
By: Click here for original signed document
Dirk Aaron, Asst. Secretary
Agenda items may be considered, deliberated and/or acted upon in a different order than set forth above.
The Clearwater Underground Water Conservation District is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal opportunity for effective communications will be provided upon request. Please contact the District office at 254-933-0120 at least 24 hours in advance if accommodation is needed.
1During the meeting, the Board reserves the right to go into executive session for any of the purposes authorized under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, for any item on the above agenda or as otherwise authorized by law.
2Citizens who desire to address the Board on any matter may sign up to do so prior to this meeting. Public comments will be received during this portion of the meeting. Please limit comments to 3 minutes. No discussion or final action will be taken by the Board.
3No formal action will be taken by the Board on these agenda items. These items are on the agenda to provide the District’s staff, Public Task Force Committees, and Directors with an opportunity to bring to the public’s and each other’s attention important activities and issues pertinent to the management of groundwater within the District, including, but not limited to, current events in the District involving groundwater, wells, or District permittees, state or regional developments related to water management, and activities of the staff, Public Advisory Committee, and Directors. Substantive deliberation and formal action on any of these issues will be conducted pursuant to a specific item on a future agenda.
GUIDELINES FOR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IN CLEARWATER UNDERGROUND
WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT BOARD MEETING, WORKSHOP AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
Clearwater UWCD, in order to maintain governmental transparency and continued government operation while reducing face-to-face contact for government open meetings, is implementing measures according to guidelines set forth by the Office of the Texas Governor, Greg Abbott. In accordance with section 418.016 of the Texas Government Code, Governor Abbott has suspended various open-meetings provisions that require government officials and members of the public to be physically present at a specified meeting location. CUWCD’s adherence to the Governor’s guidance temporary suspension procedure ensures public accessibility and opportunity to participate in CUWCD’s open meeting, workshop and hearings.
Members of the public wishing to make public comment during the meeting must register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 11:30 a.m. on April 14, 2021. This meeting will be recorded, and the audio recording will be available by contacting the CUWCD’s staff after the meeting. A copy of the agenda packet will be available on the CUWCD’s website at the time of the meeting.
Public Comment forms can be assessed at:
You may join CUWCD’s Board Workshop, Permit Hearing and Regular Board Agenda as follows:
- Wed, Apr 14, 2021 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM (CDT)
- Join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/907645989
- You can also dial in using your phone. (For supported devices, tap a one-touch number below to join instantly.)
- United States (Toll Free): 1 866 899 4679 – One-touch: tel:+18668994679,,907645989# Access Code: 907-645-989
- New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/907645989