NOTICE OF THE MEETING OF THE CLEARWATER UNDERGROUND WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICTTO BE HELD IN PERSON and BY TELECONFERENCE AND VIDEOCONFERENCE
PUBLIC HEARING ON THE PROPOSD TAX RATE FOR TAX YEAR 2021
PUBLIC HEARINGS ON NON-EXEMPT WELL APPLICATIONS
August 25, 2021
In accordance with Governor Abbott’s declaration of the COVID-19 public health threat, action to temporarily suspend certain provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act, and Executive Order, a quorum of CUWCD’s Board of Directors will hold its regular Board meeting in person and by telephonic conference call and, for redundancy, videoconference. The public may access this meeting and make public comment in person and by phone, pc, tablet and/or notebook using the contact information and instructions on pages 2 of this notice.
Notice is hereby given that the above-named Board will hold a Workshop and Board meeting on Wednesday, August 25, 2021 beginning at 1:30 p.m., in the Clearwater UWCD Board Room located at 700 Kennedy Court, Belton, Texas. The following items of business will be discussed1.
- Receive presentation from USGS on proposed scientific efforts in FY22.
- Receive presentation from Sarah Woods related to the Texas 4-H Water Ambassador Program.
- Receive presentation from Carson Barr, Summer Intern, related to his assigned tasks and duties for June, July, and August.
- Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
- Public comment2.
- Approve minutes of August 11, 2021 Board meeting.
- Hold Public Hearing on the proposed tax rate for tax year 2021.
- Discuss, consider, and take appropriate action if necessary, to adopt the District Budget for FY2022.
- Discuss, consider, and take appropriate action if necessary, by Resolution to adopt the District tax rate for tax year 2021.
- Hold public hearing on the following well applications:
- Discuss, consider, and take appropriate action if necessary, on the proposed operating permit of 2.98 ac-ft/yr, for Salado RV, LLC authorizing operating production from an existing (well# N2-21-006P) from the Edwards BFZ Aquifer at 10-gpm to produce groundwater for the purpose of public water supply to an RV park on a 5.5-acre tract located at 10511 S I-35, Salado, Texas 76571.
- Discuss, consider, and take appropriate action if necessary, for a proposed combination drilling and operating permit of 2.5 ac-ft/yr, for Belton Partners, LLC authorizing operating production from a new well (# N2-21-007P) completed in the Edwards BFZ Aquifer at 40-gpm to produce groundwater for the purpose of public water supply on a 12.62-acre tract located at 7983 N 1-35, Salado, Texas 76571.
- General Manager’s report concerning office management and staffing related to District Management Plan3.
- Director comments and reports3.
- Discuss agenda items for next meeting.
- Set time and place for next meeting.
Dated the 13th day of August 2021
Leland Gersbach, Board President
By: Click here for original signed document
Dirk Aaron, Asst. Secretary
Agenda items may be considered, deliberated and/or acted upon in a different order than set forth above.
The Clearwater Underground Water Conservation District is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal opportunity for effective communications will be provided upon request. Please contact the District office at 254-933-0120 at least 24 hours in advance if accommodation is needed.
1During the meeting, the Board reserves the right to go into executive session for any of the purposes authorized under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, for any item on the above agenda or as otherwise authorized by law.
2Citizens who desire to address the Board on any matter may sign up to do so prior to this meeting. Public comments will be received during this portion of the meeting. Please limit comments to 3 minutes. No discussion or final action will be taken by the Board except as authorized by section 551.042 of the Government Code.
3No formal action will be taken by the Board on these agenda items. These items are on the agenda to provide the District’s staff, Public Task Force Committees, and Directors with an opportunity to bring to the public’s and each other’s attention important activities and issues pertinent to the management of groundwater within the District, including, but not limited to, current events in the District involving groundwater, wells, or District permittees, state or regional developments related to water management, and activities of the staff, Public Advisory Committee, and Directors. Substantive deliberation and formal action on any of these issues will be conducted pursuant to a specific item on a future agenda.
GUIDELINES FOR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IN CLEARWATER UNDERGROUND WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT BOARD MEETING, WORKSHOP AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
Clearwater UWCD, in order to maintain governmental transparency and continued government operation while reducing face-to-face contact for government open meetings, is implementing measures according to guidelines set forth by the Office of the Texas Governor, Greg Abbott. In accordance with section 418.016 of the Texas Government Code, Governor Abbott has suspended various open-meetings provisions that require government officials and members of the public to be physically present at a specified meeting location. CUWCD’s adherence to the Governor’s guidance temporary suspension procedure ensures public accessibility and opportunity to participate in CUWCD’s open meeting, workshop, and hearings.
Members of the public wishing to make public comment during the meeting must register by emailing email@example.com prior to 11:30 a.m. on August 25, 2021. This meeting will be recorded, and the audio recording will be available by contacting the CUWCD’s staff after the meeting. A copy of the agenda and packet will be available on the CUWCD’s website at the time of the meeting.
Public Comment forms can be accessed at:
CUWCD Board Meeting, Workshop, Permit Hearing, Public Hearing on Proposed FY22 Tax Rate
- Wed, Aug 25, 2021 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM (CDT)
- Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- You can also dial in using your phone. (For supported devices, tap a one-touch number below to join instantly.)
- United States (Toll Free): 1 877 309 2073
Access Code: 720-470-141
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: